Sunday, December 5, 2010

First Concentration!

During the course of the past couple weeks I've decided to change my original idea for my concentraion. Instead, I will photography the feet of people on their "walks of life."

The central idea of my concentration is the walks of life shown through feet. For my first two works, I explored different ages for my concentration. The setting of the two are different based on the age I'm attemtping to depict. For the first, I photographed shoes at the end of a school day to resemble the high school phase of life. I used a slow shutter speed in order to capture the motion of the people walking behind my subject at the end of the day. For the second, I photoraphed a young boy's shoes as he sat on a play set in the backyard. With this setting I was hoping to show the playfulness of youth. I think that I used balance succesfully in creating interesting compositions. In the future, I might try and have more of the setting in the background of the second conentration peice.

1 comment:

  1. I think the first work clearly expresses your intentions. The second work doesn't seem playful. It feels more lonely to me. It is still very compelling and well done, it just doesn't feel playful.

    ReplyDelete